Pancake Day is here and we plan on going all out to mark the occasion. That means getting the whole family involved, including our four-legged best friends. Here are some need-to-knows about dog pancakes, plus a tasty recipe that’ll guarantee a waggy tail…
Are pancakes safe for dogs?
Provided that your pooch doesn’t have any allergies or intolerances to the ingredients you’re using, then in a word – yes. While pancakes won’t do your dog any harm, we wouldn’t recommend going overboard!
Below, we’ve outlined a super simple recipe for your canine. But before we dive in, here are some pancake toppings to be mindful of…
Dog pancake toppings to avoid:
Easy-peasy dog pancake recipe
- 50g plain flour
- 100ml water
- 1 egg
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Frying pan
- Mix the flour, egg and water in a bowl
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to your pan and bring to a medium heat
- Use the ladle to scoop a portion of batter into the pan
- Cook for 30 to 40 seconds – when the edges start to colour, now’s the time to flip!
- Repeat on the other side
- Add your toppings!
Dog pancake toppings your pup will love
- Peanut butter (make sure it’s Xylitol-free)
- Chopped up veggies
- Doggie biscuits
Chef’s tip! Swap plain flour for a gluten-free variety if your dog has an allergy.