Pancake Day is right around the corner and, after the year we’ve had, we plan on going all out to mark the occasion. And that means getting the whole family involved, including our four-legged best friends. Here are some need-to-knows about dog pancakes, plus a tasty recipe that’ll guarantee a waggy tail…
Are pancakes safe for dogs?
Provided that your pooch doesn’t have any allergies or intolerances to the ingredients you’re using, then in a word – yes. While pancakes won’t do your dog any harm, we wouldn’t recommend going overboard!
Below, we’ve outlined a super simple recipe for your canine. But before we dive in, here are some pancake toppings to be mindful of…
Dog pancake toppings to avoid:
Easy-peasy dog pancake recipe
- 50g plain flour
- 100ml water
- 1 egg
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Frying pan
- Mix the flour, egg and water in a bowl
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to your pan and bring to a medium heat
- Use the ladle to scoop a portion of batter into the pan
- Cook for 30 to 40 seconds – when the edges start to colour, now’s the time to flip!
- Repeat on the other side
- Add your toppings!
Dog pancake toppings your pup will love
- Peanut butter (make sure it’s Xylitol-free)
- Chopped up veggies
- Doggie biscuits
Chef’s tip! Swap plain flour for a gluten-free variety if your dog has an allergy.