As a proud new dog owner, you want to do everything you can to ensure your new pup has the very best start in life. You’ve had them chipped and vaccinated, bought all the toys and maybe even taken them for their first trip to the grooming salon.
But there’s one thing you may not have considered yet. And that’s their joint health.
Contrary to popular belief, taking care of your dog’s joints isn’t something to leave until they show signs of stiffness, or get older. In fact, a high-quality joint supplement can help support active and growing joints.
“With nearly 40% of dogs over the age of one experiencing joint stiffness, it’s never too early to consider being proactive about your dog's joint health,” says YuMOVE Vet Dr Charlotte Rice. “Speak to your vet if you have any questions about support for your pup."
Why consider a joint supplement for your young dog
1) Support joint structure for developing joints
Nothing beats watching your gorgeous fluff ball bouncing around the garden – an endless whirr of energy and oversized ears. And with such an active youngster on your hands, you’d be forgiven for thinking joint health isn’t something you need to worry about… yet.
But, now might just be the right time to start thinking about your new dog’s physical development because, simply put, it’s never too soon to be proactive about joint care.
Look for a supplement that includes high-quality Green Lipped Mussel, Glucosamine and Manganese as together, these ingredients help to support healthy joints, cartilage, tendons and ligaments.
2) Complement an active lifestyle
Managing your new dog’s exercise schedule is super important, especially when they’re young and full of energy. Because, as tempting as it might be to let them run and play for hours on end, too much exercise can potentially cause joint soreness or achiness. A bit like when we overdo it in the gym!
Giving your young dog a daily joint supplement can help to soothe stiff joints and support and maintain joint structure, to keep them going. This means you can both keep doing all the fun things you love doing together.
3) Get ahead of the game
When your dog is young and healthy it’s difficult to imagine a time when they won’t be running circles around you. But some breeds – including Labs, Springer Spaniels and Golden Retrievers – can be prone to joint stiffness in later life.
Of course, giving joint supplements to a dog that’s already experiencing joint stiffness can make a real difference. But why wait to get started?
By introducing joint supplements into your pet’s health regime early, you’re one step ahead of the curve and can relax knowing you’re doing everything you can to support their joint health as they grow.
When to start giving your dog joint supplements
Young dogs can start taking a suitable joint supplement as soon as they’re able to eat solid food – typically around eight weeks old.
Starting early is a great idea because supplements can help support your pup's growing joints and stand them in good stead for the future.
How YuMOVE Joint Care for Young Dogs supports your growing dog
YuMOVE Joint Care for Young Dogs is ideal for busy young dogs like yours! It comes in a tasty tablet that you can feed to your dog by hand or add to their food.
YuMOVE Joint Care for Young Dogs contains important ingredients to soothe and support stiff joints. These include:
- Our powerful ActivEase® Green Lipped Mussel – a concentrated source of Omega-3, to help soothe stiff joints after exercise
- Manganese to support collagen production
- Vitamins C & E to help neutralise free radicals produced during intense activity helping to maintain joint mobility
- Glucosamine which provides the basic building components of cartilage, helping to support joint structure
- Hyaluronic Acid to lubricate joints and acts as a shock absorber
New to YuMOVE? Get 50% off your first two months' subscription of YuMOVE Joint Care for Young Dogs using the code SAVENOW at checkout.*
* Price based on a 50% discount for YuMOVE Joint Care and YuMOVE Dental Sticks subscribers. To be eligible for a 50% discount for your first two months, you will need to be a new customer starting a new subscription. To claim your 50% discount for the first two months of your subscription, use code SAVENOW at checkout. Following the initial two-month discount, you will receive a 30% rolling discount from month three onwards as a subscriber. Offer only available on products that are in stock. Offer available on YuMOVE Joint Care for Young Dogs, YuMOVE Joint Care for Adult Dogs, YuMOVE Joint Care PLUS, YuMOVE Joint Care PLUS Max Strength and YuMOVE Dental Care Sticks only. Excludes YuMOVE Joint Care One-a-Day Bites and YuMOVE Joint Care Daily Bites for Adult Dogs. For full terms and conditions, click here.