If your dog has stiff joints or is having trouble getting around as easily as before, Glucosamine can help. This natural supplement supports optimum joint health and can help your dog live life to the full.
Glucosamine for dogs vs Glucosamine for humans
You might already take Glucosamine yourself to help with creaky joints. Just like our four-legged friends, we want to keep our joints healthy and enjoy going out for a walk for as long and as far as possible.
However, some human Glucosamine supplements contain ingredients that are dangerous for dogs, such as xylitol. That’s why it’s important for you always to choose a supplement that’s specially designed and formulated for dogs, such as our YuMOVE range.
What is Glucosamine?
Glucosamine is found naturally in the body. As the name suggests, it’s a blend of sugar (glucose) and an amino acid, and it’s an essential component of connective tissue, cartilage and ligaments.
Repairing your dog’s shock absorbers
Your dog needs Glucosamine in order to produce Glycosaminoglycan, a molecule that helps to maintain and support cartilage, the connective tissue that acts as a shock absorber between your dog’s joints. Glucosamine is one of the essential building blocks of cartilage.
Cartilage helps to cushion the joints when your dog speeds off after a ball, jumps up to catch a frisbee or runs around in circles just for the joy of it.
Glucosamine and the ageing process
Puppies and young adult dogs produce enough Glucosamine to keep their cartilage in top condition. Their joints are strong and well-lubricated, so there’s nothing to stop them from chasing after their favourite toy or leaping up into the back of the car.
Sadly, though, things change as your pet ages. Typically, dogs produce less Glucosamine as they get older, resulting in less cartilage to absorb all those shocks and bounces.
Signs of stiff joints
As a result, older dogs can develop stiff joints, and this is when you might notice signs such as your pet:
- Sleeping more
- Lagging behind on walks
- Finding it difficult to get up after resting
- Being reluctant to walk, jump and play.
Glucosamine for dogs can’t turn back the clock for your pet, but it can help support the cartilage that provides such vital protection for your dog’s joints.
As older dogs produce less Glucosamine by themselves, the natural solution is to give your pet a supplement. But what kind of Glucosamine supplement is best for your dog?
YuMOVE: Charlie’s story
After years of dominating the family sofa, Charlie suddenly started lying on the floor and would struggle to get up from his bed. The Lintbells founders couldn’t find any natural supplements that made a difference, so they created a brand new formula that’s now the UK’s number one veterinary joint brand.
The best kind of Glucosamine for your dog
When you’re choosing a joint supplement for your dog, it’s a good idea to check the ingredients so you know you’re making the right choice.
There are three types of Glucosamine available:
- Glucosamine Sulfate – the most common type of Glucosamine found in supplements.
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride - a more concentrated form of Glucosamine.
- N-Acetyl-D Glucosamine – this is a building block of Chondroitin, which helps maintain fluid and flexibility in the joints.
All YuMOVE supplements contain Glucosamine Hydrochloride. Our YuMOVE Young & Active and YuMOVE Plus supplements contain a combination of Glucosamine Hydrochloride and N-Acetyl-D Glucosamine. Together, these two types of Glucosamine work to support the Glycosaminoglycan pathway to help maintain healthy joint structures and function.
We use 98.8% pure Glucosamine from a stable, vegetarian source.
How much Glucosamine does your dog need?
The amount of Glucosamine that your dog needs depends on your pet’s age and activity levels.
In the YuMOVE range of dog joint supplements, you’ll find different amounts of Glucosamine, based on stringent analysis and precisely targeted to support your dog’s age and stage of life.
- YuMOVE Young & Active – this formula is carefully balanced to support the active and growing joints of puppies, younger adult dogs and canine athletes. It contains 125mg of Glucosamine Hydrochloride and 12.5mg of N-acetyl-D-Glucosamine. YuMOVE Young & Active contains less Glucosamine Hydrochloride than our other supplements because younger dogs have higher natural levels in their bodies.
- YuMOVE Dog - perfect for dogs who are stiff or getting older, this supplement contains 250mg of Glucosamine Hydrochloride.
- YuMOVE Plus – an extra-strength triple-action dog joint supplement for older dogs who need more support. It contains 250mg of Glucosamine Hydrochloride and 20mg of N-Acetyl-D-Glucosamine.
- YuMOVE Working Dog – this premium quality, natural formula helps working dogs to bounce back day after day, and contains 250mg of Glucosamine Hydrochloride.
- YuMOVE Chews – these tasty, bone-shaped treats are ideal for older dogs who are getting stiffer. They come in different formulations for small, medium and large dogs, and respectively contain 250mg, 500mg and 750mg of Glucosamine.
High five from a rescue Rottie
We believe that our unique formula makes YuMOVE the best natural dog joint supplement you can get your paws on. Here’s a quote from a customer who agrees:
“Jack, one of our rescue Rotties, is eight this year and although still very fit, walking and swimming in the sea every week, I had noticed he was beginning to get stiff after resting from his walks. I decided it was time for Jack to have some help and this is where YuMOVE has helped Jack enormously.”
Help your hound live life to the full
If you’d like to know more about how YuMOVE and Glucosamine can keep your dog on top tail-wagging form, please call our friendly customer service department on 01462 416866 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
 Kynetec VetTrack August 2019. Sales of YuMOVE branded products through veterinary wholesalers.uly 2019